Partner Cheat? Never!
Red Flags That May Suggest A Cheater
your partner's behaviour in one of the following areas hoists a
Red Flag, remember, it may not necessarily be cause for alarm. Weigh
your words. Think before you accuse. Proceed with caution.
- When they no longer wants sex or makes excuses.
- When they will not allow you access to their computer or they suddenly shut
down the computer when you walk into the room. They may password protect their
laptop or computer to keep out suspicious eyes. Or they stay up to "work" on
the computer after you go to bed. Excessive internet usage, especially late at
night, is a red flag.
- When they begin to put distance between you or show a lack of interest in
what has been the routine with few, if any, excuses.
- When they suddenly have to work late and have all kinds of new obligations
that take them away from home repeatedly or for long periods of time. Or. . .
they tell you they are working longer hours and discontinue allowing you to
view their paycheck or paystubs.
- When they get mysterious phone calls or when they hurry to answer the phone,
leave the room to talk on the phone and when you ask who called, they say, "No
one," or "Wrong number."
- When they suddenly need a cell phone or pager and you are discouraged from
ever looking at it or using it. They also may make certain their cellphone or
pager cannot be answered by you by hiding it or taking it with them wherever
they go. They are secretive about their cellphone or pager bill and pay it
themselves when you have always paid the bill in the past.
- When they arrive home smelling faintly of perfume/cologne or another person's
- When they arrive home and head straight into the shower or bath.
- When they have lipstick or strange hairs on their clothing or in the car.
Finding strange phone numbers, receipts or condoms can also be clues.
- When they suddenly begins to treat you extremely nice; more so than usual.
- When they begin to make "kinky" requests or suggest wildly erotic play during
sex including things you have never done before. They may also show an
increased interest in sex or sexual things, including porn.
- When they talk to you they treat you abusively or with disdain, disrespect or
excess sarcasm. They may also demonstrate an unexplained aloofness or
indifference in the relationship. Or. . . they may begin to find fault in
everything you do in an attempt to justify the affair.
- Her: When she gets spiffied up and dresses provocative to "go grocery
shopping" or to "get her hair done." She may also show up with a sudden change
of hair style. Him: When he showers, shaves (cologne, deodorant, etc.) and
dresses up more than usual to "go out with his buddies" or to "go fishing."
- When they break their established routine at work and home for no apparent or
- When they become suddenly forgetful and you have to tell him/her everything
several times; their thoughts are elsewhere.
- When they are always tired or demonstrate a noticeable lack of energy or
interest in the relationship.
- When they begin to intentionally look at or flirt with the opposite sex when
in the past, this is something they would not have done.
- When you notice that they reluctant to kiss you or accept your affection.
- When they ignore or criticize your affections and thoughtful ways.
- When your phone bill shows an increase in unexplained toll or long distance
charges. Often when a partner is acting too close or flirting with a best
friend of the opposite sex, you will find their phone number listed
- When the passenger seat in the car has been changed and is not in the usual
position or the mileage on the car is more than usual. Also increased gas
purchases that are inconsistent with the amount of miles on the car.
- When they begin to keep a change of clothes hidden in the trunk of the car or
an unusual amount of clothes changes at the gym.
- When you notice credit card charges for gifts (such as florist or jewelry)
that you didn't receive.
- When they begin to make sudden and excessive purchases of clothes or an
unexplained change in clothing style. Begining to purchase sexy underwear or
lingerie may be a clue.
- When you notice an increase in ATM withdrawals. Cheating costs money! To play
you must pay!
- When you notice that your partner loses their ability and desire to show the
children the attention they need or a lack of desire to do any fix-ups around
the house, e.g., lawn care, painting, cleaning the garage, house repairs, etc.
- When you notice an increased attention to losing weight or paying more
attention to their appearance.
- When they begin to volunteer to go to the post office, rushes to check the
mail before you do or opens up a new P.O. box.
- When your partner shows up without their wedding ring or suddenly stops
wearing it and makes lame excuses.